Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Pretty Respectable Clothes Haul

Hello! Since this is my first post in the second year of The DP, I thought I'd post about something I've never broached before on this site: fashion. I do like looking at clothes on the Internet, in magazines and shops but I'm not somebody who will specifically go somewhere just to buy clothes. Usually, it'll be to buy or do other things as well. And I'm also not somebody who remembers the exact label of all the outfits they own or who buys clothes just for their brand. I mostly rely on simply how nice they look.

But I try to be as versatile as I can when I write this blog, and that means blogging about a variety of topics and not just sticking to one isolated theme or to my prime circle of interests.  And my latest show of blog versatility is me writing about my small but though-I-say-so-myself impressive haul of a V-neck jumper and a summer dress/tunicy thing. I got them on Thursday at a little second-hand sale selling pretty much anything from short shorts and Abercrombie & Fitch hoodies to label-less and in my opinion nicer-looking pieces (me buying the latter). You're probably dying to see the photographs of said items that I bought, so I won't hestitate to show them to you.




I love the colour of this thin little tunic! It's lilac but still dark enough to avoid wimpy light purples, and purple but still light enough to not be synonymous with black. I also love the summery feel, and I think it'll be great to wear over maybe black or dark-coloured leggings when the weather gets warmer.
 It's from American Apparel, which I'd heard of but didn't know much about, so I Googled them and came up with this image (NB: this picture isn't mine), which I thought was just as cool as the purple dress. My favourite outfit is the pale green dress with the gold leggings. I think those two colours work really well together, especially in this context.




This one's more for warmth than fashion, as it's just a simple v-neck. But - and this is a big but - it's CASHMERE!!! It's so warm, thick and fluffy, and I'm sure it will serve me well in future winter nights. It's also a very pretty colour, which is what attracted me to it, a bit darker than the picture because the flash was being funny, more of a turquoise. And it's also from a hilariously named label called - wait for it - CUSS! I can't find it anywhere on the Internet, but my Mum says it's Italian. But despite the unfortunate name, it's a fantastic jumper.

I am pretty impressed with these new purchases, and I hope all of you guys are with yours, if you've made any. Happy shopping!
-DP :)

PS School broke up yesterday for half term, so I hope to be able to post LOADS!!




No comments:

Post a Comment